South Carolina Continuing Education COURSE
2016-2018 SC Core: TRID Safely in a Flood of Disclosures
As a licensee, you may sometimes feel as if you need to be a jack-of-all-trades for all things: property, disclosures, negotiations, human psychology, insurance, finance… the list goes on. Keep in mind that while you are responsible for having a vast array of knowledge about many things, you are not required to have expertise in areas outside of that which is required by your license. This course will guide you through some high-level topics and steer you through the responsibilities of each party within a transaction.
This course fulfills the four-hour mandatory core course requirement beginning with licenses which expire June 30, 2018.
Course highlights include:
- An analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of loan types
- Factors that affect which loan a borrower may get
- A discussion of the Loan Estimate form and the Closing Disclosure form, including transactions in which they are applicable
- Utilizing the CFPB’s “Your Home Loan Toolkit”
- Emphasis on the South Carolina Residential Property Condition Disclosure Statement and party responsibilities
- A discussion on the intricacies of the National Flood Insurance Program and applicability
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context